If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (423) 638-1104

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How to deal with Mold in your home in Greenville, Tennessee

12/10/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation How to deal with Mold in your home in Greenville, Tennessee Chair covered in mold in a Greenville,TN home

Mold growing can start on your property in less than 48 hours if there is water intrusion. This is because microscopic spores do exist naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. This, however, does not mean that just because there is the presence of microbial growth, then it is molds. You should, therefore seek the services of a qualified environmental hygienist who understands their nature and growth to advise you further.

Understanding Molds

The below facts will help you understand it better: • Spores are microscopic, they float in the air, and could enter your home through doors, windows, AC/heating systems or even get a ride to your indoors on your pet or clothing. • Spores thrive well on moisture. • Before their removal can begin, you should eliminate any sources of moisture or water. Otherwise, they may come back. • They often produce a musty, strong odor, and it is that odor that will lead you to potential problem areas. • Even abnormally-high indoor humidity can support the growth of mold-fungus. Always make sure your indoor humidity is below 45 percent.

Why you should have a test in your home

The testing in Tennessee and Greenville is done to determine their location, type, the spores count, the total area of exposure, the health risks related to that particular type and the best way to remove them. You need to understand that a substantial amount of molds-fungus in your home can be very detrimental to your health.

Have a testing if

  • You experience any major leaks or spills.
  • There is a musty kind of odor.
  • There are white developments on your carpet or furniture.
  • You experience sudden physical or emotional problems.
  • You or your family member experiences flu-like symptoms, burning eyes, headaches or respiratory problems.

Remember, after a remediation is done, you need a post removal test to clear your home and leave it clean.

Elimination

So, what next after you realize there is fungus growing in your home? According to experts in Greenville, TN area, you should leave them untouched, meaning not trying to clean it off. Seeing their growth might not be possible if you do not have proper tools. Instead of attempting to get rid of it, you should do all you can to stop it from spreading to other areas of the home. You can do this by placing a wrapping over your furniture. Also, ensure your food is safe and avoid any physical contact with it.

The best way to remove it in TN area would be to call in a professional environmental hygienist to come over to inspect and scrub it off. Remember, microbial growth doesn’t necessarily mean there is one and you need someone who is qualified enough to clarify this. The inspector will also disinfect the area after spotting troubled regions.

In Tennessee, ailments related to this menace do not start off that bad, and you might easily ignore them until they become severe. If you suspect that there is a fungus growing in your home, you should contact a qualified testing company who will use certain procedures to make sure your home is safe. Do not put your health at risk especially if you can avoid it. For more information entailing disaster restoration services and prevention, please visit www.SERVPROgreenecounty.com.

Other News

View Recent Posts